These Italian appetizer recipes or antipasti are the first step to an authentic Italian meal
There are a huge array of Italian appetizer recipes expressed in Italian cuisine, and I have decided to share some of the tastiest with you! In Italian, the word antipasto literally translates as "before the pasta" or before the meal.
Of course, most people are familiar with
Crusty Italian bread grilled or toasted and then topped with anything from tomatoes to olives.
There is also a
traditional caprese salad,
best made with fresh mozzarella cheese, the ripest tomatoes and fresh green basil. So tasty and yet one of the simplest dishes to create, all you really need is a knife!
And antipasti expand from there...
One of the main dishes often seen in my house is an egg-based recipe called frittata.
Unlike in the United States, eggs in Italy are rarely seen in breakfast fare (as the Italians tend to eat light or not at all in the morning), and usually make an appearance at lunch and often dinner.
In this case as an appetizer to the main course.
If eggs really aren't your style, try some fried mozzarella or a simple olive oil dip with raw vegetables. Both are super easy to make and can easily be mixed amongst other choices at your next cocktail party!
Italian Appetizer Recipes
Bruschetta with Tomatoes
- Quick and simple. A classic antipasto that can be served anytime!
-Patriotic and delicious! For best results use fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese. (Find it at
my imported Italian food store)
Fresh Cucumber Salad
- Use firm, crunchy cucumbers for this salad recipe and you won't be disappointed with the result!
- Children and adults alike will love this deep-fried recipe. It's full of flavor and is a perfect appetizer or side dish.
- An egg recipe that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Take your pick!
- Italians love to grill vegetables, they serve them warm or cold and drizzled with olive oil.
Melon and Prosciutto Recipe
- Simple and sophisticated. Sure to be a hit at your next gathering or celebration!
Stuffed Baby Portabella Mushrooms Recipe
- Quick, tasty, vegetarian! Yummy Italian style filled fungi for your whole family to enjoy!
- You know it's summertime when every cena consists of fresh tomato salad and bread for dipping! A very refreshing recipe.
Olive Oil Dip
- Perfect for a party appetizer, this dip is best served with lots of different chopped up veggies or crusty Italian bread.
Return from Italian Appetizer Recipes to Tasty Italian Cooking Home